When I need to go to "my happy place"... I really go there!

When I need to go to "my happy place"... I really go there!

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Feast of St. Brigid of Kildare

There are a lot of things about the "South" that cause me to pause but one aspect that I have experienced and try to emulate is the notion of Southern hospitality. I confess that we Protestants, especially ones in the South, have been a bit impoverished by our lack of knowledge, understanding, and appreciation for the saints of the church, particularly female ones. One source that has helped me in this is Jan Richardson's "The Painted Prayerbook". I commend to you her thoughts on St. Brigid in a meditation entitled "A Habit of Wildest Bounty" at http://paintedprayerbook.com/2009/01/31/a-habit-of-the-wildest-bounty-the-feast-of-st-brigid/

No comments:

Post a Comment